TERMS & CONDITIONS &
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
Terms and conditions
This page contains important information explaining your rights to access and use of the Island Bet Online Interactive Gaming website. By accessing this website & Games you confirm your agreement to, and acknowledgement of, the following terms.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using the Island Bet Online Interactive Gaming website or downloading any Software made available on the Island Bet Interactive Gaming website.
Island Sizzling Tech (Ja) Limited is a company duly incorporated duly incorporated in Jamaica. It is licensed and regulated by Jamaica’s Betting, Gaming & Lotteries Commission (“BGLC”).
These Terms of Service together with any other additional rules, terms and conditions that appear on the Island Bet Interactive Gaming software and [Island Bet.com] website or that specifically relate to and govern any particular event, game, Software or tournament, constitute a legally binding agreement between Island Bet and you the player (the "Terms of Service").
Island Bet reserves the right to modify and update these Terms of Service at any time. We will ensure that any significant changes to the Terms of Service will be notified to you before such changes come into effect.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Use of the Service
1. All content of the Island Bet website is for non-commercial, personal use only.
2. The online gaming Services and related resources, including, without limitation, download areas, communication functionality and product information relating to the games (collectively 'Services') provided to you by Island Bet via the Island Bet.com website and/or other websites owned, operated, licensed or controlled by Island Bet and/or its authorised sub-licensees (the 'Sites') are subject to these Terms of Service.
3. The Interactive Games allows only one gaming account per person. If you already have an account with the Island Bet you cannot open another one.
2. Acceptance of the Terms of Service
1. You are solely responsible for checking the laws regarding the use of internet gaming in the jurisdiction in which you are located to ensure that your registration with Island Bet is legal. Island Bet expressly prohibits you from registering with it or interacting with its services if such registration or interaction is unlawful having regard to the rules and regulations of any relevant jurisdiction.
2. You must be at least 18 years of age to use the Services or place bets on the Sites. Providing false information relating to age, name and address may also constitute an offence. Island Bet reserves the right to report to the relevant authorities any person supplying false information or displaying any form of suspicious or criminal activity on the Site.
3. Island Bet is committed to assisting its players in gambling responsibly and as such has provided the following features on its site: self-exclusion tools, links to awareness information, and tools to protect underage access. Players may at any time request to be excluded from Island Bet.
4. From time to time, Island bet shall communicate with you by way of email transmission or website notifications in the form of “pop ups.” By registering with Island Bet, you agree to accept these modes of communication.
5. The BGLC, in its capacity as Island Bet’s regulator, will be the final arbiter in all disputes.
3. Description of Services
1. Through its network of Sites Island Bet may provide you with access to the Services. The Services, including any updates, enhancements, new features, and/or the addition of any new Sites, are subject to these Terms of Service and any licence agreements, codes of conduct or posted rules, instructions or guidelines regarding a particular Service and any related Software and materials (as applicable, the 'Licence Agreement'). If there is any conflict between these Terms of Service and the applicable License Agreement for a particular Service, Island Bet (or its licensors) shall resolve the conflict in its sole discretion.
2. Island Bet reserves the right to modify the Sites, Services and Software and/or change the system specification requirements necessary to access and use the Services at any time and without prior notice.
4. Unfinished Games
1. In the event that you are unable or fail to finish a multi-stage game before signing out of the Site you must complete that same game the next time you sign in to the Site.
5. User Account, Password and Security
1. If any of the Services you use require an account, before using the Service you must open an account by completing the required registration process. This will include providing Island Bet with current, complete and accurate information, including, without limitation, your email address.
2. You may also be asked to choose a password and a user/account name. Your user/account name must be unique and cannot be vulgar or otherwise offensive (as determined by Island Bet at its sole discretion), nor should it infringe any trademark or other proprietary rights of a third party. Your user/account name can be used only in accordance with these Terms of Service and/or applicable License Agreements.
3. Your membership or subscription is personal to you and you may not transfer or make available your account name and password to others and you may not use anyone else's account at any time.
4. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and you have sole responsibility for any and all activities that occur under your account. You remain liable for losses incurred by yourself or a third party on your Island Bet account.
5. You must notify Island Bet immediately of any unauthorised use or theft of your account or any other breach of security. If requested you agree to provide Island Bet with evidence of such theft or unauthorised use. Island Bet will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge.
6. Island Bet reserves the right to cancel your account if it becomes aware that you have disclosed your account details and password to a third party in which case deposits will be returned to the account holder.
7. For ease of access to the Service you will be offered a feature that allows your computer to 'remember your password' and thereby bypass the password protection when logging on to the Services. This feature enables third parties using your computer to access your account and user name. For this reason the 'remember your password' feature should not be used on shared or public computers. At all times use of the 'remember your password' feature is at your own risk.
8. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Island Bet from any claim, demand, damage or loss including reasonable attorneys' fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Services or use by any third party accessing the Services using your account.
9. For the purposes of additional account security, any legitimate balance held in an account that is deemed inactive (no transactions, financial or wagering, for a period of 13 consecutive months) will be removed. This balance can be re-instated by contacting our Player Support Team.
6. Payment and Winnings
1. Internet gambling may be illegal in the jurisdiction in which you are located. If so, you are not authorised to use your payment card to complete any transactions on the Sites.
2. You can place bets on the Service only by using the credit held in your account. You can credit your account using a credit card, debit card or one of Island Bet's authorised electronic payment providers. At the time of making your first deposit you will be able to select a limit to be applied to your account; in the event of no deposit limit being selected then the default value (USD100,000.00) will apply to your account.
3. Winnings are subject to Island Bet's verification procedures before payment is made. Island Bet may charge a fee for handling payments by cheque or by bank transfer. If for any reason we are unable to process your withdrawal to your selected payment method then the requested withdrawal will be returned to your gaming account.
4. The Island Bet servers are synchronized in line with Jamaican time throughout the year. Island Bet's internal operating procedures initiate payment processing from the servers daily during the operating hours of Island Bet’s banking institution, Sagicor.
5. The maximum payout for any one 24-hour period for any one customer is $10,000. The daily maximum payout in the Interactive Games Suite excludes winnings on Island Bet's progressive Interactive games, payouts of which are governed by the Jackpot amount.
6. If while playing at Island Bet you win a sum regarded by Island Bet as worthy of publicity then you hereby agree to be available for any event arranged by Island Bet in relation to the win.
7. You hereby warrant that all and any information that you submit to Island Bet is and will be true and accurate (including, without limitation, your billing information such as credit card number and expiration date), and you agree to pay all fees you incur, plus all applicable taxes, using the Services. You agree to promptly notify Island Bet if any of the information you have supplied changes.
8. You must inform us as soon as you become aware of any errors with respect to your account or any calculations with respect to any bet or wager you have placed or any currency conversion. In the event of such error or any system failure or game error (a divergence from the normal functioning of the game logic for whatever reason) that results in an error in any odds calculation, charges, fees, rake, bonuses or payout, or any currency conversion as applicable, ('Error') We will seek to place all parties directly affected by such Error in the position they were in before the Error occurred. We reserve the right to declare null and void any wagers or bets that were the subject of such Error and to take any money from your account relating to the relevant bets or wagers, if there are insufficient funds in your account, we may demand that you pay us the relevant outstanding amount relating to these bets or wagers.
7. Protection of Funds
1. We offer a level of protection of customer funds held with us. These funds are held in a ‘client account’ and are separate from any other company accounts but would form part of the assets of the business in the event of insolvency.
8. Promotional Awards
Free spin promotions
1. Free Spins promotions are only open to real money players invited by email. Unless invited, free spins will not be credited even if a player has opted in to the promotion.
2. Free Spins are usually awarded on specific games, please check invite for game and platform availability.
3. Free Spins expire within a maximum of seven days after players opt in to the promotion, please check expiry in specific offer received.
4. Winnings generated from free spins received for which no deposit is required, will have a maximum withdrawal of $100. Any withdrawal request for winnings in excess of this amount will result in only the maximum of $100 being processed with the remainder being removed from account balance.
5. Winnings from free spins will be credited to a players bonus balance and subject to 30x playthrough before being withdrawn.
6. Free spins promotions are restricted to one free spins credit per player per household, even if there is more than one computer retained at the address. The identity of a user will be determined on the basis of all or any combination of the following: name, mailing address, e-mail address, IP address, credit/debit card number, computer, and any other forms of identification which may be required.
7. The Interactive Games may, at their sole discretion, limit the eligibility of customers to participate in these promotions, for any reason whatsoever without notice to the end users. No correspondence will be entered into. Island Bet's decision will be considered final in the event of a dispute.
8. The Company reserves the right to modify, alter, discontinue or terminate these promotions at any time for any reason whatsoever without notice to the end users, using reasonable efforts to provide such notice in advance.
Discretionary Bonus Payments
1. Occasionally a discretionary bonus may be awarded. Once such a bonus has been credited to your Island Bet bonus account it will be subject to 30x playthrough before being available to be withdrawn.
9. Software Licence
1. Copyright in any Software relating to the Services that is made available to download from the Sites ('Software') is owned by Island Bet and/or its licensors. Use of the Software is governed by the terms of the applicable Licence Agreement. A user may not install or use any Software unless he or she agrees to the applicable Licence Agreement terms. If there are any inconsistencies between the relevant Licence Agreement and these Terms of Service, Island Bet will determine which terms shall apply or take precedence at its sole discretion.
2. The Software is made available for download solely for use by users according to the Licence Agreement and these Terms of Service. Users are expressly prohibited from reproducing or redistributing the Software except in accordance with the Licence Agreement. Island Bet and its licensors reserve their rights to take legal action against any user found to be in breach of any Licence Agreement.
3. Copying or reproducing the Software is expressly prohibited, unless such reproduction or redistribution is expressly permitted by the relevant Licence Agreement.
4. Subject to any express warranties in the relevant Licence Agreement, Island Bet hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the Software, including all warranties and conditions of merchantability, whether express, implied or statutory, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, and those arising from a course of dealing or usage of trade.
10. User Content
1. Island Bet's representatives may monitor your communications on the Sites. Island Bet does not monitor all of the third party content on the Sites. Island Bet does not endorse, approve, or prescreen any third party content on the Sites. Island Bet does not assume any responsibility for any third party content on the Sites and Island Bet expressly excludes, to the maximum extent permitted by law, liability for any third party content on the Sites.
2. Island Bet has the right, but not the obligation, in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post, or remove any third party content on the Sites.
3. In relation to any materials, in whatever format or media, you post or otherwise provide to the Site (a "Submission"), you hereby grant Island Bet a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocable licence to use, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, modify, translate and reformat your Submission. You expressly acknowledge that Island Bet will not pay you for your Submission. Island Bet may remove your Submission from the Site at any time. For each Submission, you represent that you have all the rights necessary for you to grant the licence contained in this paragraph.
11. Restrictions and Conditions of Use
1. As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by the terms, conditions, and notices included in these Terms of Service or any relevant Licence Agreement. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Island Bet server, or the network(s) connected to any such server, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Island Bet server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services. You may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any Software, including any proprietary communications protocol used by such Software. The BGLC, in its capacity as Island Bet’s regulator, will be the final arbiter in all disputes.
12. Termination of Account
1. Island Bet has the right to terminate Services or suspend your account if it believes you are in breach of these Terms of Service.
2. You have the right to cancel your account or a particular subscription at any time. You understand and agree that, except as expressly provided by law, the cancellation of your account or a particular subscription is your sole right and remedy with respect to any dispute with Island Bet or its licensors.
3. You may cancel your account or a particular subscription for a Service by following the procedures made available with the applicable Service. Island Bet reserves the right to collect fees, surcharges or costs incurred before you cancel your account or a particular subscription provided that clear information on any such applicable charges was made available to you by Island Bet prior to or as part of your subscription to the Island Bet Service . In the event that your account or a particular subscription is terminated, suspended or cancelled, no refund will be granted, no other credits (e.g. points or tokens) will be credited to you or converted to cash or other form of reimbursement, and you will have no further access to your account or anything associated with it (such as points or tokens. If your account is terminated or suspended by Island Bet, Island Bet shall have the right to terminate or suspend any of your other accounts.
13. Links to Third Party Sites
1. The Sites may contain advertising and sponsorship and other material from third parties which are beyond Island Bet's control. Those third parties are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Site complies with all relevant laws and regulations. Island Bet will not be responsible for any error or inaccuracy in any third party material, nor does the Company endorse any third parties whose material appears on the Site.
2. The Site may contain links to other Sites which are also outside Island Bet's control and are not covered by these Terms of Service. Island Bet will not be liable for the content of any third party websites or the actions or omissions of their proprietors nor for the contents of third party advertisements and sponsorship on those Sites. Island Bet does not endorse any third party Sites which have links from the Site. If you access those third party Sites you do so entirely at your own risk.
3. Any charges or obligations you incur in your dealings with third parties are your sole responsibility.
14. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability
1. Your use of the Sites, Services and Software, and the internet is at your sole risk. You acknowledge and agree that your sole and exclusive remedy for any dispute with Island Bet is to stop using the Service, and to cancel your account(s).
2. The Sites, Services and Software, and any other third party Services and products, are provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis for your use, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, unless such warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Island Bet provides the Services on a commercially reasonable basis and does not guarantee that you will be able to access or use the Services at times or locations of your choosing, or that Island Bet will have adequate capacity for the Services as a whole or in any specific geographic area.
3. Island Bet shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from or in any way connected with your use of the Services or Site, whether direct or indirect, including, without limitation, damage for loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary or consequential loss (even where we have been notified by you of the possibility of such loss or damage).
4. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
1. These Terms of Service are governed by the laws of Jamaica. You hereby irrevocably consent to submit to the jurisdictions of the Courts of Jamaica.
2. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Island Bet (or its licensors) arising from this agreement or your use of the Site, Services and/or Software.
3. These Terms of Service are written and are only available in English. If these Terms of Service are translated into another language the English version will prevail.
4. Island Bet may assign this agreement in whole or in part, at any time. You hereby agree that Island Bet's licensors are third party beneficiaries under this agreement.
5. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in effect.
6. This agreement, including the documents expressly incorporated by reference, constitute the entire agreement between you and Island Bet with respect to the Services.
7. Island Bet's failure to enforce at any time any of the provisions of these Terms of Service or related Licence Agreements shall in no way be construed to be a present or future waiver of such provisions, nor in any way affect the right of any party to enforce each and every such provision thereafter.
8. Notwithstanding anything else in this agreement, no default, delay or failure to perform on the part of Island Bet shall be considered a breach of this agreement if such default, delay or failure to perform is shown to be due to causes beyond the reasonable control of Island Bet.
9. In the event of a Interactive Games system malfunction all wagers are void. All games are played subject to the Interactive Games standard terms and conditions and by connecting to the Interactive Games you agree with the terms and conditions that are listed in the Interactive Games software help files.
10. The BGLC, in its capacity as Island Bet’s regulator, will be the final arbiter in all disputes.
17. Bots/Artificial Intelligence
18. One Account per Player
Players may open only one account with Island Bet.
Players must not attempt to bypass any of the restrictions which prevent the creation and/or use of multiple accounts.
19. Account Sharing
Players must not share their account with any other person, nor share their account information (password etc.). Players may not allow any other person to use their account, nor use any account other than their own.
20. 'Gold Farming'
Players must play exclusively on their own behalf, in their own best interests.
Island Bet prohibits playing on behalf of an employer or any form of team/co-operative.
21. Angle shooting
Island Bet prohibits activities designed to give a player an unfair advantage even if such play is allowed within a strict interpretation of - or a loophole in - the rules. Any play considered conventionally unethical or unfair is prohibited.
22. Rules for responsible gaming enjoyment
Most people play for the entertainment, which means gaming to a responsible extent and within their financial means. But, for a small percentage, games of chance are not a form of entertainment – they are a problem which must be taken seriously.
What is disordered gambling?
Pathological gambling has been listed as a recognised psychological disorder in the international classification systems DSM and ICD since 1980. It is defined as persistent, recurring and often increasing gambling despite negative personal and social consequences such as debt, breakdown of social relations and impairment of professional development.
When should behaviour be considered problematic?
We would like to stress that diagnoses relating to clinical disorders can only be made by trained specialists. This page offers material which will allow you to quickly assess and consider your own behaviour. If you can identify with four or more of the following characteristics, we recommend that you self-exclude and contact a counselling provider.
Do you feel the need to gamble with increasing amounts of money in order to achieve the desired excitement?
Do you feel restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop gambling?
Have you made repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop gambling?
Are you often preoccupied with gambling?
Do you often gamble when feeling distressed?
After losing money gambling, do you often return another day to get even?
Do you lie to conceal the extent of involvement with gambling?
Have you jeopardised or lost a significant relationship, job, or educational or career opportunity because of gambling?
Do you rely on others to provide money to relieve desperate financial situations caused by gambling?
Rules for positive gaming
By observing the following rules, you will be able to relax and enjoy your gaming:
Gaming is just for fun, not a way of earning money
Only play when you are relaxed and concentrated
Take regular breaks
Decide your monthly gaming stake in advance. Only wager what you can afford to lose
Independently of our standard deposit limits, you may set a lower amount as your own personal limit
Do not increase the maximum limit which you have decided for yourself later on
Before you start playing, decide the winning amount at which you will end the game
Decide beforehand how high your losses can be
Never play under the influence of alcohol or medication
Never play if you are feeling depressed
Self-control and self-protection
All requests for Responsible Gaming measures are taken very seriously by Island Bet and are always valid for the agreed period of time.
Personal deposit limit
Island Bet offers all of its customers the opportunity to set an individual daily, weekly and/or monthly deposit limit. All requests for limit decreases will be implemented immediately; requests for limit increases only become valid after 24hrs and an additional confirmation of the request.
Time-out and Self-exclusion
Island Bet customers are able to exclude themselves from further gaming for prevention reasons. We offer time-outs for distinct periods of 1 day, 1 week, 1 month or any other period up to 6 weeks. After the timeout period has expired, your account will reopen automatically.
We also offer an indefinite self-exclusion, which will extend itself automatically until revoked by the customer. Revocation will not possible prior to a minimum duration of 6 months.
During temporary time-out or indefinite self-exclusion, customers will not be allowed to deposit or play. Also will they be exempt from targeted commercial communication.
23. Locked/Closed Accounts
Island Bet can, at their discretion, lock and/or permanently close a player’s account and without prior notice. The BGLC, in its capacity as Island Bet’s regulator, will be the final arbiter in all disputes.
24. Player Funds
Should a player be found in violation of the Interactive Games rules or Island Bet’s Terms & Conditions, we reserve the right to seize all of the funds in the player’s account (and to reverse any pending withdrawals).
Complaints and Disputes
We are committed to providing a high standard of service to our players and our Internal Complaints Procedure is designed to resolve problems and difficulties quickly and easily.
What you need to do
Please contact us with details via [email address]
How we will handle your Complaint
In all cases where the matter can be dealt with immediately, we will confirm with you the action we are going to take to resolve the matter.
Where we cannot resolve the problem there and then, we will promptly acknowledge your complaint and advise you of the steps that we will then take to resolve the matter. These steps will normally involve the case being referred to a higher authority in our Management Team with our aim being to resolve your complaint within seven days, keeping you informed of progress as we do.
If we still cannot reach agreement
On those rare occasions where we can’t resolve your complaint, to our mutual satisfaction, the details of your complaint will be considered by the appropriate member of our Senior Management Team.
If, at this point, the complaint cannot be resolved we will contact you confirming that this is our final response and the end of our Internal Complaints Procedure.
The BGLC, in its capacity as Island Bet’s regulator, will be the final arbiter in all disputes.
Poker Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the use of Island Bet’s poker software in addition to the aforementioned terms and conditions.
1. At any level, any Player can buy-in for cash plus the entrance fee
2. All tournaments begin promptly at the scheduled time stated in the Tournament Lobby
3. Seats are assigned at random. Seat changes are not permitted
4. The tournament ends when one Player accumulates all the chips in play.
5. If two or more Players are eliminated on the same hand, the Player with the most chips at the beginning of the hand is ranked higher. If Players started the hands with an identical amount of chips, both Players tie for that rank, and any prizes are divided equally between them.
2. Soft playing or chip dumping may result in disqualification from the tournament.
Any unethical play may result in the termination of the offending Player’s account.
1. Prizes are awarded as stated on the Tournament Lobby.
2. Players and "railbirds" must use the chat feature in a courteous manner.
3. No cash awards are made from Satellite games. All prizes are deposited into a Player’s holding account and are used for buy-in’s at the next level.
4. Players who qualify to a 'target' tournament via a 'feeder' tournament are only eligible for one 'target' tournament entry (or one tournament ticket) irrelevant of how many 'feeder' tournaments they have played to gain entry into the 'target' tournament, unless otherwise specified.
5. By entering the Island Bet Multi-Table Tournament Players agree that their real names, aliases and images can be used for promotional purposes.
6. Awarding of prizes is at the sole discretion of Island Bet management, and any decisions taken by management in this regard are final.
7. Players may not sit out. Players who are not present are blinded off and their hands folded, until they have no more chips and are eliminated.
8. All Satellite games are multi-table no-limit Hold ’em freeze-outs, following standard Island Bet rules. The number of entrants who win a seat at a next level or at a final, depends on the amount of the respective buy-in’s plus fees.
9. Island Bet management reserves the right to deny entry to the Island Bet Multi-Table Tournament and/or remove a Player or disqualify a Player from the Satellite. Any decisions taken by management in this regard are final.
10. Island Bet management reserves the right to change the rules and/or structure of the Island Bet Multi-Table Tournament at its’ sole discretion. Any decisions taken by management in this regard are final.
11. In case of disputes, the BGLC, in its capacity as Island Bet’s regulator, will be the final arbiter in all disputes.
12. Island Bet does not allow tournament Players to make deals regarding the outcome of the tournament or the division of prizes. Players seen to be making deals in tournaments, or playing in a way consistent with having made a deal, may be disqualified from the tournament and/or have their accounts closed. All decisions taken by Island Bet management in this regard are final.
3. Prohibited Software
Island Bet prohibits any use of any software which:
• Shares hole cards among players or facilitates collusion.
• Uses a database of hands/player profiles which is shared between users.
• Reduces/eliminates the need to make decisions.
• Is designed to datamine.
• Provides real-time advice.
• Attempts to block fraud and cheating detection mechanisms.
Island Bet prohibits datamining, as well as use of any data obtained by datamining (either by the player or anyone else). Any data gathered by a player must come from their own playing experience at the tables.
Players must always play in their own individual best interest. Players may not collude, encourage others to collude, or intentionally lose or interfere with hands in order to transfer funds. Players may not participate in the same games as someone in whom they have any kind of financial interest.
These rules apply whether or not any actual demonstrable harm has been caused to others.
Sports Betting Terms and Conditions
By accepting these terms and conditions you have also read and accepted the Sports Betting Terms and Conditions which govern the use of the Island Bet Sport Book.